About This Course
Become conversant with the Competition Law in India, US and EU. Learn how to use economic rationale and practical aspects of law, to advise your company or client better.
The course is designed to take you through the comparative framework of Competition Law in India, US and EU, and the applicability in the Indian legal framework. The course will help you to understand and specialize in the Competition Law of India for legal practice and also for handling related management challenges in corporate and government sectors.
he Certificate Course in Comparative Competition Law is offered in collaboration with Bar and Bench. It brings together the experience and knowledge of leading professionals like Karan Chandhiok, Head Competition Law Practice at Chandhiok and Mahajan, Aparna Mehra, Partner, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co., Competition Law Practice at New Delhi, Rahul Sundaram, Senior Corporate Counsel (Litigation), Amazon Seller Service Pvt. Ltd., Rahul Singh, Associate Professor of Law, NLSIU Bangalore & Member of Network of Indian Competition Experts, Abhishek S. Baghel, Associate Partner at DSK Legal, New Delhi, Avinash Sharma, Advocate-on-record, Supreme Court of India, Saattvic, Founding Partner, Sapient Econ, Economist Specializing in Competition Law, Regulation and Policy, and Sumit Jain, Senior Resident Fellow at Centre for Competition Law and Economics. The certificate course is curated by Versha Vahini, Associate Dean and Head of Department, Faculty of Law, Manav Rachna University.
- This course by Suveeksha Eduskills & Bar and Bench is designed for the online mode of learning. The students will enroll on www.suveeskha.com and will be issued a login username and password after the receipt of prescribed fee.
- The course shall be conducted over a period of ten weeks. There shall be three synchronous classes every week. Each class shall be of two hours duration, of which one and half hours is the interactive teaching -learning session with the teacher and the last half hour is for any clarifications, problem solving and assessments.
- All synchronous classes will be recorded and will be available to the student for a period of six months from the date of enrollment.
- The students will be provided study material by Suveeksha Eduskills. Following tools and techniques will be employed for teaching, analytical probe and assessment during the course.
- RSQC2 (Recall, Summarize, Question, Connect and Comment)
- Case Studies
- Case Law
- Focused Listening
- Muddiest Point
- Think – Pair – Share
- Misconception and Preconception Check
- Panel Discussion
- Mental Status Questionnaire (MSQ)
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Concept Mapping
- Background Knowledge Probe
- Problem Recognition Tasks
- Directed Paraphrasing
- Process Analysis
- Project Work
- The programme is aimed at providing in-depth understanding of the comparative competition law. It introduces the philosophy and concept of competition in economics and provides an overview of the underlying principles and legal frameworks in India, US and EU.
- It delves into the anti-competition agreements and cartels in India, while analyzing the landmark cases for better understanding of the system. It explains the exceptions and immunities and also the systematic inquiry in the prevailing practice and procedures. The course also details the concepts of abuse of dominant position and the learnings from US and EU case laws.
- The course will rely upon the decided cases and the authoritative writings and opinions along with experience and knowledge of leading practitioners and jurists to clarify the concepts, principles and law. It lays emphasis on interactive learnings and analysis for understanding the subject better.
- The case is designed for young law professionals and law students who wish to explore the opportunities in the field of competition law. It is also very useful for the management professionals in corporate and government sector, who want to understand the issue for better management and decision making.