About This Course
The course on Professional Competency has specifically been designed to impart career success skills to learners. The prime objective is to develop and train learners as managers to successfully enter and flourish in the corporate world. The course is designed to deliver a comprehensive corporate competency programme through which the learners are thoroughly groomed for personality development, ethical orientation, communication skills, life and social skills and professional development.
The course enables the learners to identify their strengths and weaknesses. It enables them to focus on what part of their personality needs more attention for improvement. It is specially designed to cater to the increasing demand for soft skills in the corporate world. The process of soft skills training requires courtesy, etiquettes, empathy, confidence, loyalty, self-discipline, dependability, power of observation and body language. The success of a manager depends on how clear he is in his/her mind about various functions and how effectively he/she transfers the thought to others. The programme aims to equip the prospective or practicing executives/managers with effective communication skills and develop etiquettes for success. The contents enable the learners to approach their career proactively and recognize opportunities to move ahead in their career. The course starts with taking the inventory of values, interests, skills of students on the basis of which their strengths and weaknesses are determined. It also provides tips on how to deal with any weaknesses that are holding them back. Learners are taught how to live their life and make it the best to achieve their dreams to the fullest. This helps them to have a clear view of life and learn how to overcome the strains of daily life. The programme of life skills includes stress management, anger management and social skills.
At the end of the course, learners are expected to:
- Identify career path and communicate effectively in a multicultural global environment
- Hone personal strengths and acquire skills required for self branding, presenting self in a positive manner and improving interpersonal competency
- Appreciate the importance of business etiquette, effective speaking skills and cross cultural sensitivity as vital aspects of corporate competency
- Recognize the importance of and exhibit personal grooming, body language, image enhancement and networking in self branding and interpersonal relations
- Build on attributes, values and credibility to confidently display leadership and team skills
- Professionals across disciplines or those aspiring to join professionals cadres